In 2010, Maryville University joined the Partnership to End Interpersonal Violence (NPEIV). In addition, the Maryville Coalition to End Interpersonal Violence was launched to partner Maryville University faculty, staff, and students with a multitude of diverse St. Louis community partners dedicated to the issue of interpersonal violence.
|Mission Statement The Maryville Coalition to End Interpersonal violence is committed to achieving the following goals:
- 7th Annual Race Against Violence. It includes a one-mile fun walk, a 5K run and 5K walk. Sunday, April 7th
- Fall Festival toiletries drive for Lydia’s House
- Date Rape Drug Education Program for students presented by Safe Connections
- Annual Speaker on Interpersonal Violence
- SLEVAWN Domestic Violence Training
Structure and Leadership
The Maryville Coalition to End Interpersonal Violence is a component of the Center for Civic Engagement and Democracy.
Management and leadership of the Coalition is provided by:
|Carrie Ellis-Kalton, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
|Partners:Maryville Faculty, Staff and Students, M*PWR, Maryville Promoting Women’s Rights, Safe Connections, Kathy J Weinman Shelter, YWCA – St. Louis Regional Sexual Assault Center, Lydia’s House, The Women’s Safe House. St. Louis Women’s Chorale, RAVEN, Center for Women in Transition, ALIVE, St. Louis Family Justice Center, Provident Life Crisis, NAMI, Statewide Resources: Legal Services of Missouri|