- Graduation Application: For students planning to graduate in December or May, the deadline to fill out the online application for graduation (found in AccessMU for Students on the Portal or at the Student Service Center) is NOW. Fill out the form today to ensure you are all set for graduation.
- Save the Date: Our 2016 Senior Communication Portfolio Defense will take place on Friday, May 6 from 1-2pm in Buder Commons. We hope to see you all there!
- Interview Stream: Did you know Maryville’s Center for Career Success grants all students access toInterview Stream – a great online tool to help you prepare for interviews. It is definitely worth checking out for those of you who are job seeking.
- Congratulations to sophomores Evan Asher and Natalie Pistone who were two of three students selected for the Honors Program’s Mother Bascom Scholarship to study in Oxford for the Spring 2016 semester. Evan and Natalie will be abroad in the Spring and we look forward to hearing about their adventures!
- Congratulations to alumna Erin Edwards (BA ’14) for her new position at True Media! Also congratulations to Silla Murabito (BA ’15) for her new position at First Spear and Lauren Parker (BA ’15) for her new position as Public Relations Assistant at Soft Surroundings! Alumna Lindsey Conboy (BA ’14) has found a great position as an Executive Recruiter at DHR International. Lastly, Katherine Zych(BA’ 14) has begun work as a Regional Sales Manger at Ariel Premium Supply. We are thrilled to see our alumni landing in positions that fit them well!
- Congratulations to Andrew Mandziara and Dr. York for a great semester of SaintsTalk, Maryville’s Sports Podcast which broadcasts live from LJ’s. These two and their team have worked very hard to develop this program and we look forward to seeing it grow in the Spring.
- Dr. Carver recently spoke at Cushman and Wakefield about Strategic Business Writing! She also presented with Emily Goldstein (formerly at Maryville in Adult and Online Education) at the UMSL Teaching and Technology Conference with a presentation titled “Thinking Outside the Screen: Innovative Ways to Engage Online Learners.”
- Dr. Dohrman found out recently that she and Dr. Steve Coxon (Education) were awarded a $125,000 grant from the Monsanto Fund for the CREST-M Program (Children Using Robotics for Engineering, Science, Technology and Math.) The project will take place during 2016.
- Dr. York was recently nominated for a Teaching with Technology award during the UMSL Focus on Teaching and Technology Conference.
- Allegra, a communication agency located near Westport, is looking for a paid social media intern to work 10-15 hours for the Spring semester. Email Jim Elder to apply.
- CS Group is looking for a Marketing and Administration Intern. The pay is $11/hr and interns will be expected to work 15-20 hours a week. Details.
- Mardi Gras Inc. (the organizer of St. Louis’ series of Mardi Gras festivities) is looking for interns to aid them in the next 3-4 months of planning for the 2016 Mardi Gras celebration. This internship is 10-15 hours at first and would scale up during the week of Mardi Gras. It is a wonderful internship for students interested in event planning. Details.
- Nestle Purina is looking for a Marketing PR Intern which is a fantastic position for one of our upper-level students. Details.
- The Women’s Basketball Coaches Association is looking for a digital media and marketing intern to work during the Spring semester. Details.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital is looking for a Special Events Intern to work for the Spring semester on a variety of event planning tasks. This would be 10-15 hours a week and is unpaid, but what a neat experience to work with this thriving and purposeful organization. Details.
- Trailnet is looking for a Communications Intern for the Spring semester to work 10-15 hours a week.Details.
- Food Outreach is looking for a Marketing and Development Intern. The hours are flexible but will be around 10-15 hours a week. This is an unpaid internship which is a great chance to gain experience with a nonprofit doing important work. Details.
- West County EMS and Fire is looking for Video Production Interns to aid with video storytelling about the firefighters and fire safety. If you are interested, send your resume to Sara Dayley directly.
- The City of Maryland Heights is looking for a part-time intern for the Spring to help with newsletter writing and production. This would be nice and close to campus. Details.
- Sauce Magazine is looking for Editorial Interns to work 8-10 hours a week on their food industry-centered magazine. This would be a great and fun internship! Details.
- DHR International is looking for an intern for their St. Louis office. Details.
- The Artiface is an online magazine focused on art, literature, and music that is seeking writers to write articles for them. Email Alyson for more information.
- Maryville Career Connections: For many more opportunities, be sure to look at Maryville’s Career Connections website. It is a wonderful resource where a lot of St. Louis companies send their job postings.
- The Rome Group has dozens of part-time jobs available at local nonprofits doing communication work. Check out the list here and consider switching your current part-time job to something on this list as a way to build your resume through paid, part-time work!
- Coolfire Studios is looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator. Details.
- Southside Early Childhood Center is looking for a Community Relationship Coordinator. Details.
- HLK is looking for a Strategist (2 years experience). Details.
- St. Joseph’s Academy is looking for a Marketing Coordinator. Details.
- DHR International is looking for a Research Associate where you could work with alumna Lindsey Conboy!Details.
- Resource Guide: Check out the Resource Guide for Finding an Internship/Job in Communication for starters.