Published on May 19, 2010 by Stephen DiSalvo in
Office of Service & Spiritual Life
Promoting Spiritual Awareness…Developing Social Responsibility…Inspiring Community Service
The Office of Service & Spiritual Life promotes spiritual awareness and develops a sense of social responsibility that inspires active participation in community service by the entire Maryville University community.
- Supports students, faculty and staff of all or no spiritual and/or religious beliefs or affiliations by assisting them to deepen their spiritual and personal awareness and growth
- Provides opportunities for interaction, dialogue, learning, retreat, meditation, reflection and community building among persons with similar and differing spiritual and/or religious beliefs
- Creates awareness of local, national and global social issues and promotes social responsibility that leads to action through meaningful community service outreach to the greater St. Louis community and beyond.
- Reinforces the learning from service experiences through reflection and discussion.
- Collaborates with students, faculty and staff to integrate service learning into the curricula of academic subjects.