When was the last time you felt passionate about your discipline, a new assignment, student feedback, or your teaching?
Teaching should be influenced and influential; inspired and inspirational. The Center for Teaching and Learning provides programming featuring Maryville faculty who want to share experiences, and provides inspirational programming for faculty who want to incorporate new techniques, tools, and philosophies into the classroom.
How do I get involved with the CTL?
We want to hear from you. In fact, all of our programming is based on what we hear, so please don’t hesitate to make programming suggestions or volunteer your expertise for future programs.
Is the CTL for Adjunct Faculty too?
Absolutely. The Center is designed to support all Maryville faculty. If you need some assistance in your class, need advice on your teaching, want to make suggestions for programs, or become more involved at Maryville, let us know!
Now that I have an iPad and have been through training, will you help me incorporate it into my course?
We are all in this together! Both directors and the TLC group would love to meet with you to discuss your course and help find meaningful ways to incorporate your iPad, and other technology, into your teaching.
How can I find what I need on this site?
- View our Events & Calendar page for a list of programs (Click here to register for the 2015 SoTL conference)
- Check out our Learning CenterED Blog featuring insight from members of the Maryville community!
- Visit the About Us page to learn more about our philosophy and goals
- Visit the Teaching Learning Colleagues tab to learn more about the services the TLC group offers
- Visit the Teaching/Learning Ideas tab for teaching resources
- Don’t forget to apply for one of our Teaching Innovation Grants
To register for events, please visit our interactive Facebook Calendar