Welcome to St. Louis!
St. Louis is the largest metropolitan area in the State of Missouri, a major Midwestern metropolis filled with culture. St. Louis planners have created an aesthetically beautiful city with green space at the street level. It is said that St. Louis is second only to Washington, D.C. in the number of free activities available in an American city. The Gateway Arch, the world’s tallest man-made monument, forms a triumphant city skyline. An open mall surrounded by reflecting pools leads up to the historic court house, the site of the Dred Scott decision, facing the Gateway Arch.
In 1904, St. Louis hosted that year’s World’s Fair and the Summer Olympic Games. Many of the parks, buildings, and finer homes in St. Louis were built around this time period. While there are few, if any, living residents who attended the Fair, it holds an important place in the modern development of the city.
Firms such as Monsanto, Centene, Solae, Energizer, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Edward Jones, Wells Fargo Advisors (formerly A.G. Edwards), Anheuser-Busch/Inbev are headquartered in St. Louis. AT&T and Bank of America operate major regional offices here.
If you would like to know more about St. Louis, please visit this page.
There is so much to see and do in St. Louis, we thought we’d start you out with a few “must-see options” :
- Ride to the top of the Gateway Arch,
- Enjoy world-class free attractions, including the Art Museum, the St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Science Center, Grant’s Farm and the Missouri History Museum,
- Marvel at the Missouri Botanical Garden, one of the world’s top public gardens,
- Free your inner child at the Magic House, and the City Museum,
- Cheer for the MLB’s Cardinals, NFL’s Rams and NHL’s Blues,
- Get your motor running at the Museum of Transportationor Gateway International Raceway,
- Take in the art at Laumeier Sculpture Park, The Contemporary Art Museum, the Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts, and the Sheldon Concert Hall,
- Re-discover your heritage at the Old Courthouse, Griot Museum of Black History and Cultureand Faust Historic Village,
- Get an adrenaline rush on the world-class roller coaster and thrill rides at Six Flags St. Louis,
- Play Scott Joplin’sragtime tunes at the composer’s historic home,
- Talk to the animals at Purina Farms, the Endangered Wolf Center, and the World Bird Sanctuary,
- Cruise the mighty Mississippi River on the Tom Sawyer or Becky Thatcher paddle wheeler,
- Count the mosaics at the breathtaking Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis.