We are happy to welcome you to Maryville in Fall 2019.
Our Orientation starts on August 19, 2019 and runs through August 25, 2019. Please make sure that you make your travel arrangements to arrive on or the the latest by August 17, 2019.
Please visit our “Airport Pick Up Request” page if you prefer to be picked up from the airport, free of charge.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION WEEK HIGHLIGHTS – FALL 2019
MONDAY, AUGUST 19
- 9:00 am-10:00 am Welcome Meeting for Students and Their Families – Buder Commons
- Station 1: Check-in, get your orientation folder
- Station 2: Get your iPad (for qualifying students) – Taylor Bell
- Station 3: International Admissions: Turn in your documents
- Station 4: Sign up with ISI (International Students Inc.)
- Station 5: Sign up with ISM (International Students’ Ministry)
- Station 6: Get your Student ID-Public Safety
- Station7: Meet your team’s Saints Nation Leader
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Immigration 101 (Mandatory): Learn everything you need to know about visas, employment, social security, among other topics related to immigration, and ask any questions you may have.
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Campus Tour
- 12:00 pm -1:15 pm Lunch and Learn: International Student Panel on Life at Maryville, including Public Transportation, Life on Campus, Housing
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Mandatory Math Placement Test for Undergraduate students – Walker 220
- 2:45 pm – 5:45 pm Banking and Shopping Trip – Chesterfield Valley
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Maryville Trivia and Pizza night – LJ’s
- Engage with Maryville students, play games with orientation leaders and staff. Show us your best smile for our group photo! Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
TUESDAY, August 20
- 9:00 am Breakfast with the Life Coaches – Buder Commons
- 9:30 am-10:30 am Review your Schedule with the Life Coaches
- 10:30-11:30 Sevis Check-in Session with Coordinator for Immigration
- 11:45 am-1:00 pm Lunch with Student Life + Res Life + Diversity and Inclusion – Dining Hall
- 1:00 pm All Saints Nation Leaders gather for team picture in Gander Quad
- 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm Various Sessions – Walker 105
- 1:30 pm -2:30pm Maryville Digital World Explored: Canvas, Social Media, iBook, Airdrop, Maryville Portal, AccessMu, Communities – Taylor Bell
- 2:30 pm -3:30 pm Maryville Academic Policies (Mandatory) – Aretha Hardrick.
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm Writing Studio (Mandatory) – Taylor Hellmann
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Study Strategies with the Life Coaches – Max Artis
- 5:30 pm –7:00 pm Dinner and Evening Activity Sponsored by International Students Inc.- McNally House
- Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
WEDNESDAY, August 21
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm Various Sessions – Buder Commons
- 10:30 am -11:00 am Title IX training by Karlla Dozier, Assistant Dean for Compliance and Recruitment/Title IX Coordinator and Kathy Quinn, Dean of Students
- 11:00 am-12:00 pm Communication and Culture (Jesse Kavadlo)
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch and Learn with the Director of Health and Wellness- Buder Commons
- 12:45 pm – 4:00 pm Transfer Orientation – Auditorium
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Free time before dinner
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Dinner on campus – To be Announced
THURSDAY, August 22
- Staff available for Sevis Check-In or Schedule Reviews or new incomers (Division of Student Success)-Feel free to drop in.
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Trip to the St. Louis Zoo
FRIDAY, August 23- SUNDAY, August 25
Joining the domestic Saints Nation Orientation activities. Plan to meet your classmates and other new domestic students, with lots of fun.