In order to ensure that each international student has access to adequate health care services during their stay in United States, Maryville University requires that all undergraduate and graduate international students are covered by health insurance. You must either enroll in the Maryville University sponsored international student health insurance plan by filling out the below application form or show proof of other comparable coverage to be able to waive out of the Maryville University plan.
The Maryville University sponsored international student health plan is underwritten by LeverMark Student Insurance Company. You may obtain more information about coverage, costs, benefits, exclusions, reductions and limitations on this page. Health insurance coverage for your dependent spouse or children is not available under this plan. Contact the Office of International Student Success for more information on dependents.
Each semester, the cost for the Maryville Health Insurance policy will be charged to each F-1 student’s Maryville University account. Charges are $135.17 per month.
- Fall Semester: $675.85, August 9, 2017 to January 8, 2018 (5 months)
- Spring/Semester: $946.20, covers from January 9 to August 8, 2018 (7 months)
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ALREADY HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AND YOU DO NOT NEED THE UNIVERSITY SPONSORED PLAN, YOU MUST STILL TAKE ACTION TO DECLINE AND WAIVE THE INSURANCE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.
If you plan to waive out of the Maryville University health insurance plan, you should:
- Complete the waiver process by printing, completing and signing the waiver form: 2017-2018 insurance waiver request
- Submit the form to International Student Success together with the written proof of alternative insurance:
- A completed waiver form.
- A copy of your insurance card
- A copy of your policy, which must:
- Be written in English
- Be converted to U.S. Dollar values
- Provide comparable coverage with a minimum lifetime or calendar year benefit of $500,000
- Have a deductible not greater than $500 per condition
- Have a waiting period for coverage of a pre-existing condition no longer than 6 months
- Provide at least U.S. $25,000 for repatriation
- Provide at least U.S. $25,000 for medical evacuation
- Treat pregnancy/maternity as any other illness
- Provide continuous coverage during academic semesters and University breaks and vacation periods (including Thanksgiving break, Winter break, Spring Break and Summer break).
Questions? Please contact International Student Success at the either by telephone 314-529-9649 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org