FRIDAY, January 5th – SUNDAY, January 7th
Transportation from the airport to campus provided for students who request service.
MONDAY, January 8
- 10:00am-1:00pm Welcome Meeting for Students and Their Families – Buder Commons
Welcome to Saints Nation! In this session, you will have an opportunity to get your ID, your IPad (for qualifying students), and meet the folks from Division of Student Success and International Admissions. We will talk about immigration rules and regulations, settling into the U.S., shopping and banking. Light lunch will be provided. Please bring your Passport with you.
- 1:15pm-2:30pm Campus Tour and Lunch in the Dining Hall
Tour our beautiful campus and get familiar with all Maryville resources
- 2:30pm-5:30pm Banking and Shopping Trip
Meet at the Division of Student Success, University Library
Banking: Students who intend to open a bank account must bring their passport, I-20 and money to deposit with them.
Shopping: Students should bring U.S. currency and their identification (passport, driver’s license, etc.) to buy linens, towels, school supplies and other items for their room (WalMart/Target). This would be a good time to do cell phone and other technology shopping (Best Buy, AT&T, etc.). Please let us know if you have a special request and don’t forget your documentation.
- 6:00pm-7:00pm Maryville Trivia in LJ’s
Donius University Center Atrium
Engage with Maryville students, orientation leaders, and staff. Show us your best smile for our group photo!
Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus)
TUESDAY, January 9
- 9:00 Breakfast – Walker Hall Lobby
- 9:30am-11:30am International Student Support 101 – Walker 105
- 9:30-10:00am Health and Wellness by Nurse Pam
- 10:00-11:00am John Marino and Writing Studio – Plagiarism/writing techniques/research/tutoring
- 11:00-11:30am Maryville Academic Policies-Kelly Mock
- 11:45pm-1:00pm Lunch with Student Life + Res Life + Diversity and Inclusion – Dining Hall
- 1:30pm – 4:30pm Institutional TOEFL Exam – Walker 220
- 5:00pm Dinner and Evening Activity Sponsored by International Students’ Ministry- Buder Commons
Get to know other international students Transportation provided following the event (for students
WEDNESDAY, January 10
- 9:00am-12:00pm Breakfast and Various Sessions – Buder Commons
Title IX training by Karlla Dozier, Assistant Dean for Compliance and Recruitment/Title IX Coordinator and
Kathy Quinn, Dean of Students
- Getting Your Driver’s License and Public Transportation
- Health Insurance by Esra Uysal
- Personal Counseling by Jennifer Henry
- 12:15pm-1:15pm Lunch with Life Coaches – Gander Dining Hall
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm Math Placement Test
- 2:30-5:00pm Digital World/Communication/Study Strategies-Walker 220:
- 2:30-3:00pm Part I: Communication and Cultural Competence: Jesse Kavadlo
- 3:00-3:45pm Part II: Canvas Explored, Social Media, iBook, Airdrop, Maryville Portal, AccessMu with Sam Harris
- 3:45-4:15pm Part III: Study Strategies with the Life Coaches-Max and Kristen
- 4:15 – 5:00 Break/Get your Books
- 5:00 Dinner
THURSDAY, January 11
- 9:30am-11:00am Schedule Changes
Division of Student Success
- 11:15 – 1:00pm Winter Welcome -DUC Atrium
- 1:00pm-3:30pm Schedule Changes
Division of Student Success Optional textbook pick up from the Bookstore
FRIDAY, January 12 – SUNDAY, January 14
Various St. Louis Attractions and Activities. Join International Orientation Leaders for a tour of the many things Saint Louis has to offer and enjoy activities. More information will follow. There will be another Shopping and
Banking Trip on Saturday, January 13.
All new international students are required to complete the below forms and send them to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Form
- Immigration Student Statement of Responsibilities
- Release of Information Form
- If you’re SACM sponsored student, complete this form instead of form #3
* After you click on the link, please save the forms to your computer. The forms must be opened in Adobe Acrobat and you would need to create a digital signature. Finally, save them all and submit via email.