There is a constant need for students to have quizzes reset. This can occur for a number of reasons. The most common reason is that the student claims that D2L “kicked” them out of the quiz. This seems to be most likely due to “sketchy” internet connections at the students home. Regardless, faculty do have the ability to reset quizzes within D2L.
To reset a students quiz.
1. Go into D2L, and access “Quizzes”
2. Find the quiz you want to reset, select the down arrow to the right of the quiz name, and choose “Grade.”
3. Now, students will probably fall into two categories here. Students who have “completed” the quiz and students who have an “attempt in progress.” There are different steps to take for each case (i’ll demo both below).
Students who have completed the quiz:
4. Once you enter the “grade” area for Quizzes, you will probably be on the screen that will show “Users who have completed an attempt.” If not, use the dropdown menu (see below) to display these students then select the “search” icon to bring these students up on the page.
5. To reset a students quiz attempt, just locate the student, choose the checkbox next to the attempt you want to reset (probably attempt 1), and choose “delete” (trashcan icon). This will delete this students attempt, basically resetting the quiz for that student, allowing them to retake the quiz.
Students who have NOT completed the quiz:
8. If a student is kicked out of a quiz (for any reason) AFTER the end date, they will not be able to get back into the quiz to submit it. The quiz will be stuck “in progress.” It is possible as the instructor to get into the students quiz and submit it to be graded for them.
9. Again, Once you enter the “grade” area for Quizzes, you be on the screen that will show “Users who have completed an attempt.” Change this to “users who have an attempt in progress,” and hit the search button. This will display the list of students who are either currently taking the quiz OR students who never fully submitted it when finished. Then, select the impersonate button to enter the quiz AS that student.
10 .You will be brought back out to the grade area of this quiz, and the student will no longer be on the list of “users with attempts in progress. Change this to “users who have submitted attempts” and choose the “search” button.