Three Fun Ideas for a Cold St. Louis Winter

It’s that time of year where I hate the fact that I live in St. Louis. The weather stinks, and it gets dark at 5 p.m. There are not a lot of things that I love to do this time of year. It becomes nearly impossible to take a run outside after work or school. Life goes from spending time at the lake on the weekends, soaking up the sunshine, to a blah boring winter. So here are three ideas that might get you through the next few months:

The St. Louis Arch is a great destination for the winter months. Photo courtesy of Jeff Hancock.

Take a trip to the Arch! It’s fun if you’ve never visited before; and even if you have, the restaurants downtown are always fun and yummy, and it’s something to do to get out of the house.

Go to a club on a Friday night. No, I’m not a clubber, but Club 15 is supposed to be a lot of fun, and the food at the restaurant is awesome.

Go eat dessert at Bailey’s Chocolate Bar. Yes, they have chocolate martinis, but I’m all about the banana split! Dress up and have  a fun night out on the town.

• “This is my personal favorite thing to do in St. Louis when it’s winter,” said Samantha Keller, senior communication major, who loves going to Bailey’s Chocolate Bar. She went on to say how she loves the cinnamon ice cream, and the white chocolate martini is her favorite thing on the menu.

So dress up, go out, eat something delicious, and burn off a few calories dancing at the club or walk around the landing by the Arch. Most importantly, get out of the house! Go have some fun. You’ve got about five more months until it warms up and stays light long enough to take a run in the park.