After spending the last week in San Antonio working with the NFLPA Game I am glad to be home again. The week went well even with the roadblocks that we faced throughout the week. We learned a lot and worked alongside great people, who know the business of sport. The game faced the challenges of being in a new location, having a new title sponsor and more interns than ever before. From what I could tell those changes were good. Player photos ran smoothly Monday and so did practices even out in the cold at Hero’s Stadium. I think we were all glad to move into the Alamodome for the third and final practice on Thursday.
I had the opportunity to talk with other photographers that were at practice and was fortunate enough to get help from them when it came to taking football and sport pictures in general.  I met a lot of intersting people throughout the week between the players, scouts, other photographers and NFL players both current and former that came to the game.
We worked long hours everyday. Even when we returned “home” we still had things to work on and get ready for the next day. There was always something going on that we could take part in and the game staff was willing to help us in any way that they could if we asked them to. The best part was seeing everything come together so nicely for the game and knowing all the hard work that went into making it happen.
Overall I think we all had a great time and learned a lot from each other and the people we were working with. I’m looking forward to the chance of being able to go back to the game again next year and seeing what else it has to offer.
Thanks to everyone at the game for the great opportunity that we have all had.