Although nursing wasn’t her dream career as a child – she always imagined herself as a veterinarian – Yvonne Smith figures she can volunteer at the Humane Society when she retires. In the meantime, being a nurse feels just fine. more >>
Alumni Weekend 2010, held in September, drew about 500 individuals eager to reunite. Classmates and their families came from as far away as Alaska and New Jersey, and 15 other states in between. Highlights of the weekend were many, including the President’s Reception and the Golden Circle Luncheon. Awards presentations honored individuals for their past and present contributions the Maryville community. A video showcases the festivities.
The Deans Awards recognize graduates who bring distinction to their professions, their communities and to Maryville. An award is given in each of the University’s four academic units.
• W. Joseph Hatley, 1982 – College of Arts and Sciences
• Madeleine T. Schmitt, 1965 – School of Education
• Shirley Bradford Johnson, 1987, 1990, 1991 – School of Health Professions
• Sherry Miller Brereton, 1986, 1990 – John E. Simon School of Business
Volunteer of the Year Award, recognizing a volunteer who has made significant contributions to the University within the past year – Timothy D. Fagin, 1977
Centennial Award, recognizing a lifestyle best exemplifying the values of the Sacred Heart tradition – Mary Ann “Sully” Sullivan Boyce, 1960
Lonnie Folks Award, exemplifying the spirit of Maryville University Athletics – Darlene Grosser
2010 Athletics Hall of Fame Inductions
* Henry Dr. Shannon Jr, 1999 – Men’s Basketbal 1995-199
* Jennifer Kypta Mumper, 2004 – Women’s Softball 2001-2004
* 1985 Men’s Baseball Team: Dan Behlmann, Dennis Behlmann, Leonard Bledsoe, Ross Brakeville, Keith Elmore, Jeff Fawcett, Kevin Harrison, Larry Hawkins, Steve Jarvis, Tatsuya Kohyama, Mike Meyer, Mark Redel, Doug Stotler, Barry Strange, Joe Taylor, John Tigges, Mark Turner, Jerry Winkelmann and Coach Ron Edgar