We are happy to welcome you to Maryville in Fall 2019.
Our International Orientation starts on August 19, 2019 and runs through August 25, 2019. Please make sure that you make your travel arrangements to arrive on or the the latest by August 17, 2019. The first three days of the orientation is mandatory for all students.
Please visit our “Airport Pick Up Request” page if you prefer to be picked up from the airport, free of charge.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION WEEK HIGHLIGHTS – FALL 2019
MONDAY, AUGUST 19
- 9:00 am-11:00 am Welcome Meeting for Students and Their Families – Anheuser Busch Hall 3245
- Station 1: Check-in, get your orientation folder: Gayle Dryden
- Station 2: Turn in your Health Records: Nurse Lisa
- Station 3: Turn in your documents: International Admissions
- Station 4: Sign up with ISI (International Students Inc.)
- Station 5: Sign up with ISM (International Students’ Ministry)
- Station 6: Get your Student ID: Public Safety
- Meet your team’s Saints Nation Leader and sit with your group members
- 11:00 am – 12:00 am Immigration 101: Learn everything you need to know about visas, employment, social security, among other topics related to immigration, and ask any questions you may have.
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm IPad Deployment / Maryville Digital World Explored: Canvas, Social Media, iBook, Airdrop, Maryville Portal, AccessMu, Communities – Taylor Bell
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Math Placement Test (Mandatory for all incoming undergraduate students and transfer students with no Math credit
- 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm Banking and Shopping Trip Group I (for those of you who are not taking Math Placement Test)
- 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm Banking and Shopping Trip – Chesterfield Valley (meet at campus Starbucks)
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Maryville Trivia and Pizza night – LJ’s
- Engage with Maryville students, play games with orientation leaders and staff. Show us your best smile for our group photo! Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
TUESDAY, August 20
- 9:00 am Breakfast with the Life Coaches – Buder Commons
- 9:30 am-10:30 am Review your Schedule with the Life Coaches
- 10:30-12:00 Campus Tour (find out where your classrooms are)
- 12:00 pm-1:00 pm Lunch with Student Life + Res Life + Diversity and Inclusion – Dining Hall
- 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm Various Sessions – Anheuser Busch Hall 3245
- 1:00 pm -2:00 pm Maryville Academic Policies – Aretha Hardrick.
- 2:00 pm -2:30pm Exploring Peer Tutoring and The Writing Studio
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm The Solution Squad
- 3:30 pm – 3:30 pm Public Safety
- 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm SEVIS Check-In session (Mandatory Immigration Check-in)
- 5:30 pm –6:30 pm Dinner and Evening Activity Sponsored by International Students Inc.- McNally House
- Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
WEDNESDAY, August 21
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm Various Sessions – Anheuser Busch Hall 3245
- 10:30 am -11:00 am Title IX training by Karlla Dozier, Assistant Dean for Compliance and Recruitment
- 11:00 am-12:00 pm Communication and Culture (Jesse Kavadlo)
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch and Learn with the Director of Health and Wellness (Nurse Lisa)
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Excursion – The Zoo
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Dinner at Spaghetti Factory – Chesterfield Valley
THURSDAY, August 22
- Staff available for Sevis Check-In or Schedule Reviews or new incomers (Division of Student Success)-Feel free to drop in.
- 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm Banking and Shopping Trip (meet at campus Starbucks)
FRIDAY, August 23- SUNDAY, August 25
Joining the domestic Saints Nation Orientation activities. Plan to meet your classmates and other new domestic students, with lots of fun. Check out this link for a complete list of all the activities between Thursday and Sunday: https://www.maryville.edu/studentsuccess/orientation-schedule/#onlineundergrad
SUNDAY, August 25
12:00 pm – 3:30 pm Join us in Tower Grove Park for the International Institute’s Festival of Nations. Our region’s largest multicultural celebration features more than 40 food booths, non-stop dance and music, arts and crafts, and an international bazaar with unique gifts from around the world. Meet at campus Starbucks. Vans leave at 12:15 pm.
Check it Out: http://festivalofnationsstl.org/