In order to ensure that each international student has access to adequate health care services during their stay in United States, Maryville University requires that all undergraduate and graduate international students are covered by health insurance. Maryville partners with LewerMark (www.lewermark.com/maryville) to provide health insurance for our students. Students are billed for insurance at the beginning of each semester as below:
- Fall Semester – $757, coverage dates August 9, 2020 to January 8, 2021 (5 months)
- Spring/Summer – $1,060, coverage dates January 9 to August 8, 2021 (7 months)
If you plan to enroll in the LewerMark plan, no further action is required. You will be automatically billed through your student account, and an insurance card will be emailed to you at the beginning of the semester. However, if you plan to request a waiver of the LewerMark plan, you must submit a waiver request together with documentation that the alternate insurance plan meets the minimum requirements outlined below. The waiver request deadline is August 27, 2020.
The insurance committee will consider an insurance waiver request which includes a Waiver Request Form and documentation of alternate insurance. If the waiver request is approved, students will be notified by email and insurance charges removed from their account. If students have already paid for insurance and are granted a waiver, a refund will be issued.
Alternative Insurance Policy
To request a waiver, you must submit a Waiver Request Form and upload written documentation that the alternate insurance policy meets the following coverage requirements:
The alternative policy must:
- Be written in English and converted to S. dollar values
- Provide coverage comparable to $500,000 per calendar year
- Have a deductible not greater than $500 per condition
- Have a maximum 6 months waiting period for coverage of pre-existing conditions
- Provide medical evacuation and repatriation
- Treat pregnancy/maternity as any other illness
- Provide continuous coverage during academic semesters and university breaks and vacation periods (Thanksgiving break, winter break, spring break and summer)
- Cover inter-collegiate athletics for student-athlete. Athletics must approve waiver request, and coverage must be in place prior to first practice.
Questions? Please contact International Student Success at the either by telephone 314-529-9649 or e-mail: email@example.com