We are happy to welcome you to Maryville in Spring 2019.
Our Orientation starts on January 7, 2019 and runs through January 11, 2019. Please make sure that you make your travel arrangements to arrive on or the the latest by January 5, 2019.
Please note that the following steps are recommended before you attend the orientation:
- Complete the below forms and send them to us via email at email@example.com
- Information Form*
- Immigration Student Statement of Responsibilities*
- Release of Information Form*
- If you’re SACM sponsored student, complete this form instead of form #3
* After you click on the link, please save the forms to your computer. The forms must be opened in Adobe Acrobat and you would need to create a digital signature. Finally, save them all and submit via email.
ORIENTATION WEEK HIGHLIGHTS:
Friday, January 4th – Sunday, January 6th
Transportation from the airport to campus provided for students who request service. Please click here to request transportation.
Monday, January 7
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am Welcome Meeting for Students and Their Families – Anheuser Busch Hall, Room 3245
- Welcome to Saints Nation! In this session, you will have an opportunity to get your ID, and meet the folks from Division of Student Success and International Admissions. Please bring your Passport and all documentation (I-20, transcripts, and I-94) with you. We serve a light breakfast.
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Campus Tour With Orientation Leaders
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch in the Dining Hall
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Get your IPad (for qualifying students) – The Library
- 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Banking and Shopping Trip – Chesterfield Valley
- Meet at the Division of Student Success, University Library
- Banking: Students who intend to open a bank account must bring their passport, I-20 and money to deposit with them.
- Shopping: Students should bring U.S. currency and their identification (passport, driver’s license, etc.) to buy linens, towels, school supplies and other items for their room (WalMart/Target). This would be a good time to do cell phone and other technology shopping (Best Buy, AT&T, etc.). Please let us know if you have a special request and don’t forget your documentation.
- 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Maryville Pizza night in LJ’s (Donius University Center)
- Engage with Maryville students, orientation leaders, and staff. Show us your best smile for our group photo! Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
Tuesday, January 8
- 9:00 am- 9:30 am Breakfast with LC’s – Division of Student Success
- 9:30 am-10:30 am Review Your Schedule with LC’s – Division of Student Success
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am Immigration Essentials – Division of Student Success
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm SEVIS Check-in session with Ms. Carmina Arriola and Mrs. Gayle Dryden – Division of Student Success
- 12:30 – 2:00 pm Lunch with Student Life + Res Life + Diversity and Inclusion – Gander Dining Hall
- 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Trip to History Museum/St. Louis Arch
- 5:00 pm– 6:30 pm Dinner and Evening Activity Sponsored by ISI (International Students, Inc.) – Buder Commons
- Get to know other international students.
- Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
Wednesday, January 9
- 9:00 am – 12:30 am Breakfast and Various Sessions – Division of Student Success
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am Breakfast
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am Maryville Digital World Explored by Ms. Taylor Bell
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am Maryville Academic Policies by Mrs. Aretha Hardrick
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Communication and Culture by Prof. Jesse Kavadlo
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm Getting Your Driver’s License and Public Transportation by Orientation Leaders
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch – Dining Hall
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Campus Resources – Division of Student Success
- 1:30 pm -2:00 pm Health and Wellness by Nurse Lisa Munch and International Student Health Insurance by Mrs. Gayle Dryden
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm Personal Counseling by Mrs. Jennifer Henry
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm Title IX by Karlla Dozier, JD and Dr. Kathy Quinn
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Public Safety
- 3:30 pm- 5:00 pm Textbook Pick Up/Last minute changes to schedule/Down Time/Math Placement Exam for students who need it
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Bowling at Brunswick. Transportation provided.
Thursday, January 10
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm Shopping and Banking Trip – Meet at the Division of Student Success
Friday, January 11
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm Winter Welcome – Donius University Center Atrium
Saturday, January 12 – Sunday, January 13
Various St. Louis Attractions and Activities: Join International Orientation Leaders for a tour of the many things Saint Louis has to offer and enjoy activities. More information will follow.