Please note that the following steps are recommended before you attend the orientation:
- Download the app “Maryville Orientation” from the app store. This will guide you throughout the week with complete information of the sessions.
- Complete the below forms and send them to us via email at email@example.com
- Information Form*
- Immigration Student Statement of Responsibilities*
- Release of Information Form*
- If you’re SACM sponsored student, complete this form instead of form #3
* After you click on the link, please save the forms to your computer. The forms must be opened in Adobe Acrobat and you would need to create a digital signature. Finally, save them all and submit via email.
ORIENTATION WEEK HIGHLIGHTS:
FRIDAY, January 5th – SUNDAY, January 7th
Transportation from the airport to campus provided for students who request service. Please click here to request transportation.
MONDAY, January 8
- 10:00-1:00pm Welcome Meeting for Students and Their Families – Buder Commons
- Welcome to Saints Nation! In this session, you will have an opportunity to get your ID, your iPad (for qualifying students), and meet the folks from Division of Student Success and International Admissions. We will talk about immigration rules and regulations, settling into the U.S., shopping and banking. Please bring your Passport and all documentation (I-20, transcripts, and I-94) with you.
- 1:15-2:00pm Lunch in the Dining Hall
- 2:00-2:30pm Tour our beautiful campus and get familiar with all Maryville resources
- 2:30-5:30pm Banking and Shopping Trip
- Meet at the Division of Student Success, University Library
- Banking: Students who intend to open a bank account must bring their passport, I-20 and money to deposit with them.
- Shopping: Students should bring U.S. currency and their identification (passport, driver’s license, etc.) to buy linens, towels, school supplies and other items for their room (WalMart/Target). This would be a good time to do cell phone and other technology shopping (Best Buy, AT&T, etc.). Please let us know if you have a special request and don’t forget your documentation.
- 6:00-7:00pm Maryville Pizza night in LJ’s (Donius University Center)
- Engage with Maryville students, orientation leaders, and staff. Show us your best smile for our group photo! Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
TUESDAY, January 9
- 9:00 Breakfast – Buder Commons
- 9:30am-11:30pm International Student Support 101 – Buder Commons
- 9:30-10:30am Part I: Communication and Cultural Competence – Jesse Kavadlo
- 10:30-11:00am Part II: Maryville Academic Policies-Kelly Mock
- 11:00-11:30am Part III: John Marino and Writing Studio
- 11:45pm-1:00pm Lunch with Student Life + Res Life + Diversity and Inclusion – Dining Hall
- 1:00pm -4:30pm Missouri History Museum
- 5:00 – 6:30pm Dinner and Evening Activity Sponsored by International Students’ Ministry- Buder Commons.
- Get to know other international students.
- Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
WEDNESDAY, January 10
- 9:00-12:00pm Breakfast and Various Sessions – Buder Commons
- 9:00-9:30am Health Insurance by Nurse Pam
- 9:30-10:00am Personal Counseling by Jennifer Henry
- 10:00-10:30am Getting Your Driver’s License and Public Transportation
- 10:30-11:30am Study Strategies with the Life Coaches
- 11:30-12:00pm Title IX training by Karlla Dozier, Assistant Dean for Compliance and Recruitment/Title IX Coordinator and Kathy Quinn, Dean of Students
- 12:15-1:15pm Lunch – Gander Dining Hall
- 1:30-3:30pm Various Sessions-Walker 131
- 1:30-2:30pm Maryville Digital World Explored: Canvas, Social Media, iBook, Airdrop, Maryville Portal, AccessMu, Communities with Sam Harris
- 2:30-3:30pm Math Placement Test for Undergrads
- 2:30-3:30pm Get your Books from M-Store for Grad students.
THURSDAY, January 11
- 9:30am-11:00am Schedule Changes – Division of Student Success
- 11:15 – 1:00pm Winter Welcome -DUC Atrium
- 1:00pm-3:30pm Schedule Changes -Division of Student Success
- Optional textbook pick up from the Bookstore
FRIDAY, January 12 – SATURDAY, January 13
Various St. Louis Attractions and Activities:
- Friday 1:30pm: We will have another Shopping and Banking Trip (Outlet Mall)
- Saturday 1:00pm: Join International Orientation Leaders for a tour of the many things Saint Louis has to offer and enjoy activities. More information will follow.