We welcome you to Maryville University in Spring 2020.
Our Orientation starts on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 and runs through Friday, January 10, 2020. Please make sure that you make your travel arrangements to arrive on or the the latest by January 5, 2020.
ORIENTATION WEEK HIGHLIGHTS:
Friday, January 3rd – Monday, January 6th
Transportation from the airport to campus provided for students who request service. Please click here to request transportation.
Tuesday, January 7
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am Welcome Meeting for Students and Their Families –Buder Commons
- Welcome to Saints Nation! In this session, you will have an opportunity to get your ID, and meet the folks from Division of Student Success and International Admissions. Please bring your Passport and all other immigration documentation (I-20, transcripts, and I-94) with you, including your health insurance and immunization documents. We serve a light breakfast.
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Immigration Essentials by Carmina Arriola
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Campus Tour With Orientation Leaders
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Communication and Culture by Dr. Jesse Kavadlo
- Working lunch
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Maryville Digital World Presentation-BuderCommons
- Qualifying students will receive their IPads during this session
- 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Banking and Shopping Trip (transportation provided) – Chesterfield Valley
- Banking: Students who intend to open a bank account must bring their passport, I-20 and money to deposit with them.
- Shopping: Students should bring U.S. currency and their identification (passport, driver’s license, etc.) to buy linens, towels, school supplies and other items for their room (WalMart/Target). This would be a good time to do cell phone and other technology shopping (Best Buy, AT&T, etc.). Please let us know if you have a special request and don’t forget your documentation.
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Dinner and Evening Activity Sponsored by ISM (International Students Ministry)
- Get to know other international students.
- Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus).
Wednesday, January 8
- 8:30 am Breakfast – Buder Commons
- 9:00 am- 10:00 am Math Placement Test for undergraduate students
- 10:00 am-11:00 am Maryville Academic Policies by Dr. Aretha Hardrick
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Meet the Life Coaches
- This is a good time to make changes to your schedule
- 12:00 pm – 01:00 pm Lunch in the Dining Hall
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm Public Transportation and Drivers License by Esra Baker
- 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm Health and Wellness by Nurse Lisa Munch and Gayle Dryden
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm Personal Counseling by Jennifer Henry
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm Title IX by Karlla Dozier, JD
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Digital Textbook Initiative by Saa Meier
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm Maryville Library Resources Explored
- 4:00 pm– 6:00 pm
- Bowling and Pizza Night – Brunswick
- Transportation provided following the event (for students living off-campus)
Thursday, January 9
- 9:30 am – 12:00 pm SEVIS Check -In – Division of Student Success
Friday, January 10
- 11:30 – 1:00 pm Winter Welcome – Donius University Center Atrium
- Learn about the available resources across campus, including the Life Coach Team
- Resolve any scholarship or student account questions
- Receive your student ID and parking permit
- Purchase Maryville swag at the M Store
- Good opportunity to catch up if you have missed the International Orientation
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm Banking and Shopping Trip (transportation provided) – Chesterfield Valley