One question that we are anticipating coming up as we move to Canvas, is how to “moderate” student quizzes. Often times, faculty need to give students “special” access to quizzes for a variety of reasons.
Examples of “special access”:
1. Student needs an extra attempt
2. Student needs extra time
To “Moderate” a quiz in Canvas:
1. Go into your Canvas course, and select “Quizzes” from the navigation bar.
- Name of Student
- Number of attempts available
- Time it took student to take quiz
- Number of attempts left
- Edit/Moderate pencil icon
To give your student extra time and/or an extra attempt, select the “pencil” icon.
- Extra Attempts
- Extra Time on Every Attempt
If the quiz is locked, choose to” Manually unlock the quiz for the next attempt.”