To: All Alumni
From: James E. Harf, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President and Director,
Center for Global Education
Subject: January 2013 Study Abroad in the Galapagos Islands
Maryville has organized a trip for students and faculty January 3-11, 2013 trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. We would like to extend an invitation to Maryville alumni to join us. You must make a decision within two weeks.
The trip will be led by Professor of Biology Tom Bratkowski, PhD, and Assistant Dean of Science and Mathematics Gabe Colbeck, PhD. The total cost of the trip is $4,850 (covers everything).
Examples of activities include:
• Guided sightseeing in Quito, Ecuador, high above the Andean valleys
• Excursion to the actual equator line and the accompanying museum
• Flight to the ecological paradise of the Galapagos Islands
• Visit Charles Darwin Research Station
• Yacht excursions to several islands to view natural ecological wonders
• Visit wild tortoises on Santa Cruz Island
The itinerary is attached. http://www.maryville.edu/globaled/study-abroad/galapagos-islands/
If you wish to enroll, come see Gayle Dryden in Gander Hall 101 for instructions on how to complete the application. Contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gayle (email@example.com) with questions relating to enrollment. With substantive questions about the trip, contact Professor Bratkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org).